Monday 13 April 2015

Bonzo Dog...

Compared to the Rutles, I didn't know a hell of a lot about The Bonzo Dog Doo Dah Band.. It was all before my time.. I am but a cherub..
But somehow I knew and got the feeling it was going to be a lot of fun playing and singing Bonzo songs.. I was right.

Neil said to me 'We had a big advantage over all the other groups.. we we're aloud to be funny'

But, more than this, they were really free to play any style of music they came across and liked.. their fans accepted it all.. including old time music hall, Trad Jazz, psychedelic pop, Rock N Roll etc.. With one of the greatest frontmen ever Vivian Stanshall leading some of the most bizarrely comical moments in popular 60s music. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bonzo_Dog_Doo-Dah_Band

Here's one of my favourite songs of the band..  A great song that has everything.. Busted..

No comments:

Post a Comment